Cold Rooms (CRS)
Available in sizes from small step-in units to high-bay warehouse storage chambers, our cold room series provides uniform and dependable temperatures between -50C and +10C with single-point or variable set-point temperature control.
They are the right choice when you need a low-temperature environment that combines maximum flexibility with advanced reliability features.
- Bulk raw material and finished product storage
- Depressed temperature stability and shelf life studies
- Hazardous material storage
- Chromatography and analytical separations
- Media, chemical and reagent holding
- Plasma and blood product storage
- Modular metal skinned panels with urethane insulated tongue and groove construction for chamber enclosure.
- "Cam-locking" construction with vinyl gasketed seams.
- Internal aluminum standard unit cooler plenum housings for efficient air delivery.
- Totally accessible hinged drain pan for maintenance and cleaning of all interior plenum components.
- PSC fan motors for energy efficiency.
- Automatic defrosting with refrigerant hot gas and/or electric heat for quick and efficient operation.
- Semi hermetic continually operating compressors for extended equipment life and maximum chamber temperature control and uniformity.
- Uniform horizontal and vertical air distribution through a lay-in ceiling air distribution system with anodized aluminum support.
- Fully accessible control panel to efficiently and securely house all controls, alarms, recording devices and communication networks.
- Touchscreen system control of chamber parameters.
- Vapor proof fluorescent, incandescent or high bay metal halide light fixtures.
- Factory leak testing of all refrigeration assemblies prior to shipment.
- Bench testing of complete control panel and electrical devices performed prior to shipment.
- Applicable ISO listing 9001:2000 applies.
Structural / Electrical Options
- Stainless wall, ceiling and floor finishes.
- Electrical wiring to NEC standards forCl I Division I or II environments.
- Maximum product security through dead-bolts or locking bars. All security locking mechanisms are furnished with internal emergency relief.
- Standard and custom shelving, casework and chromatography support racking.
- Thermopane view window in door or wall panels.
- Access ports and pass throughs.
- Surface mounted vapor proof duplex outlets, anodized aluminum plug mold or recessed outlets.
- Vinyl floor mat runners in open areas or seamless floor covering over complete area.
- Exterior/interior door ramps.
- Emergency lighting systems.
- RS 232 / 485 or 4-20 mA comms available.
- Upgrade of aluminum unit cooler housing to a stainless steel finish (ceiling plenum), including drain pan.
- Exhaust fans with stainless steel filtered air intake or dampered connection ports for host building supply and return air.
- Base level dehumidification with a proportional reheat package.
- Extended range dehumidification by ES developed and field proven proportional air volume regenerative desiccant drier. This design allows close tolerance control and extended life of drier components.
- Extended range humidification by independent passivated stainless steel steam generator designed for pure water supply.
- Point of use water purification systems for steam generator supply water.
- Copper or phenolic coated evaporator fin construction for protection in corrosive environments.
- Complete 100% redundant backup refrigeration systems with automatic switch over.
- Available designs for temperature uniformity throughout entire chamber to ± 0.5°C.
- Available designs for humidity uniformity throughout entire chamber to ± 3% RH.
- Conditioning packages designed to use host building chilled water systems for chamber cooling.